If you’ve just gotten married to the love of your life, you know there’s a ton more adventures that await you and your partner’s lives – and perhaps a house move is a great way to open that new chapter in your lives. After all, moving into a new community is a great way to see new tourist locations, get to meet an awesome community, or even get better access to better work or better schooling. All in all, moving into a new house can signify a better life for you and your spouse – and it’s only a matter of time until you get settled and happy in your new home.
Thing is, moving isn’t as easy as it always seems at first glance. After all, it’s not just about packing and unpacking your things, as well as transporting them to your new home. If you feel like managing a house move is overwhelming for you, here are some things you might want to do make sure everything is in order for a successful house move:
- Manage your documents and requirements as soon as possible. One of the first things you should do as a couple if you plan on making a house move is to manage your documents and requirements – these include your homeownership requirements, your requirements for utilities, and even the necessary paperwork and certification for people you’d hire such as professional movers, especially when moving to Manhattan or other states. Remember, other areas have special laws and regulations that may be different from where you’ve come from. Meaning, it’s best you clarify these requirements with local offices and even secure them as soon as possible to avoid any hassles in the long run.
- Sort your inventory properly to avoid any missing times. If you’re moving together with your spouse for the first time, chances are you might have a bit of difficulty sorting the items the two of you own. In order to avoid missing ledgers or notebooks, the best first step is to organize your inventory via a spreadsheet or an app. That way, you have the means to list down things you own and note down important information such as weight, quantity, and other notes that you can use along the way. Aside from using this as a means to identify items you want to keep, sell, or throw away, such a spreadsheet can help you negotiate better deals with movers who might need your inventory or the total weight of your belongings to determine costing.
- Pack your things according to a schedule. A big problem of first-time house movers when it comes to packing is that, if they rush the packing process days before the move, they might end up with missing items or even misplaced belongings – making for quite a painful and arduous unpacking process. To avoid these concerns, you might want to pack your things according to schedule as well. Doing this might take you packing across a few weeks or even months, but this at least ensures that you’re allotting the appropriate amount of time to pack belongings especially allocated for different areas of the house, such as the kitchen, the bathroom, the living room, and the bedroom.
- Streamline your schedule with an app. Instead of having a hard time synchronizing your daily routine and your moving timeline due to having separate calendars, try unifying your existing schedule by using a single app for your daily routine and your moving process. That way, you can see how to fit your moving requirements and tasks within the free time of your current obligations. This process helps you avoid having to risk your career, work, or even schooling just to make your house move work. Moreover, this can greatly help you and your spouse identify the free times within each other’s schedules in order to maximize the time you have for the move.
- Hire professionals to help you with the heavy-lifting and other logistical concerns. If you’re having a hard time balancing your existing schedule with your moving requirements, then you might need assistance from teams such as long distance moving companies. They have the manpower, skillset, training, and expertise required for you to be able to pull off your move successfully. Moreover, their varied services allow you to manage different parts of the move simultaneously. For instance, thanks to their presence, you can handle things such as securing other documentation requirements while they start packing your things at your old house or even start moving them to your new home.
Married House Move: Quick Tips For Couples
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that house moves for married couples might be tricky at first, but it’s never impossible to do so. In fact, it’s perfectly possible to accomplish your house move and overcome the various tricky aspects in house moving with the right approach to planning and execution. Thanks to the above tips, you may be able to pull off an outstanding move without compromising anything regarding your existing schooling, work, and even your obligations at home.