The city of fragrance, light and charm; every corner of Paris is ready to serve you something extraordinary. The capital city of France, Paris is known for its awe-inspiring architecture, spellbinding arts and stunning sceneries. So, a tour to Paris with cheap flights is a must in this season. Here we are enlisting few of the best tourist attractions that Paris is famous for.
- Eiffel Tower: no list while explaining Paris can start without mentioning Eiffel Tower and why not, this magnificent beauty deserves to be always on the top. Eiffel Tower is the most visited tourist attraction in France and among the top 10 most visited tourist attractions in the world. The tower reached its completion in 1889 and it is hard to believe that the architecture was rejected because being huge when it was first unveiled. Eiffel Tower is named after the engineer who designed its structure and is known to be one of the finest pieces of architecture ever built in history since now. Millions of tourists from all across the world came to Eiffel Tower and because of its romantic atmosphere the tower has been visited mostly by couples. Tourists can alleviated by using an elevator to the top and view the beautiful city. A must- sight for the beauty admirers!
- Arc de Triomphe: a memorial to commemorate victory; Arc de Triomphe was built by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1806. The Triomphe is the largest monuments of its nature in the world and it took 30 years to reach its completion. The Triomphe was constructed to celebrate the victory in the Battle of Austerlitz of Napoleon’s army. The interesting part of the Triomphe is that there is an eternal flame beneath the monument that has been burning since 1923, in memory of an unknown soldier who sacrifices himself for the sake of his people and his army. A must-see for the tourists who are much into history.
- Musee du Louvre: Musee de Louvre was once the home of France’s Kings but now serves as a major tourist attraction. The attraction is among those highly visited attractions that have made Paris a world-known tourist city. Musee du Louvre had served well in the past and now is serving as Paris’s top museum. The museum is filled with arts and you can make your entrance thru the glass pyramid. The museum has more than 30,000 finest pieces of artwork from European paintings to antiques from 15th to 19th century. The world- famous painting of Mona Lisa by painter Leonardo da Vinci (made in 1503) can be admired here. A plenty of other artworks such as Venus de Milo sculpture, Wedding Feast at Cana painting, Botticelli’s frescoes and Liberty Leading the People can be visited in Musee du Louvre.
- Palais Garnier, Opera National de Paris: based on pre Baroque style, Palais Garnier was commissioned by Napoleon in 1860. It took over a decade to the architects to build such a glorious building and the Palace reached its completion in 1875. The palace had served as a resident in the past and now is serving as an emblem of Napoleon’s Imperial regime. The frontage of the Opera has classical columns and eight sculptures representing art, dance, music, Idyll, poetry, recitation, song and drama. Not only the Opera is known for its amazing art and music but its architecture is worth praising too.
- Tuileries Garden: while being in Paris, if you strive to visit somewhere that is picturesque as well as perfect for relaxation then Tuileries Garden is the best you’ve got. Tuileries Garden is the largest and oldest park in France that has been opened for public since its formation. Foliage till you see, brightest floras and stunning views of attractions like the Arc de Triomphe and the Place de la Concorde makes this park a famous tourist attraction. Due to its beauty and notoriety among tourists, Tuileries Garden was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1991.
- Paris Plages: the best place to visit in Paris during summers in Paris Plages because the site acts as a mini holiday attraction. The Shore of Seine River becomes an active tourists spot because of relaxation and enjoyment it endeavors. The site was launched in 2002 and from that time till now, has been serving as a free summer event holiday attraction. Paris Plages transforms several spots into beaches, along with their own themes, attractions and activities. So, if you are craving for a fun thing but for absolutely free of cost then Paris Plages will serve you well.
- Seine River Cruises: what would be more beautiful than a long cruise in unwavering blue water? Wishing to see a scene like that then a ride in a Seine River Cruise is a must while being in Paris. Alongside being the most fun thing to do, the cruise offers tourists to see the attractions around the city from a different perspective. Tourists can have a mesmeric view of attractions like Eiffel Tower, Notre- Dame Cathedral and Musee du Louvre. The cruises in Seine River are awesome, both in day and at night. In day, you can admire the beautiful views while at night, tourist can experience a magical journey as the Paris’s landmarks get illuminated after dusk.
- Palais Royal: the most royal of all; Palais Royal is a perfect example of glorious French architecture. The palace was constructed under the reign of King Louis XIII and had become a royal palace. From the time of its building since the next four centuries, the Palace has served as a symbol of power and supremacy. The palace is made up of 60 pavilions surrounding a beautiful garden. Recommended to the tourists who want to enjoy beauty while looking into history.
- Parc de la Villette: Parc de la Villette is the largest green space in the whole city. Stretching over an area of 55 hectares, this park cannot be compared with an ordinary public park. There are numerous attractions to travel in Parc de la Villette including kids’ playgrounds, Museum of Science and Technology, IMAX theatre, concert hall and an event place where different festivals are held from time to time. Tourists flock to Villette because of its beauty and variety of theme parks. The cascades and ponds are also not less appreciable.