The Central Teacher Eligibility Test or CTET 2021 is set to go ahead on 31st January 2021. It is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education [CBSE] and it paves the way for selected candidates to be employed as Primary and Upper Primary Teachers across the country. Comprising of two papers, namely Paper 1 for Primary Level [Class 1-5] and Upper Primary Level [Class 6-8], CTET 2020 is one of the highly sought after examinations. In this article, we shall provide you with not only the timetable for CTET preparation but also some toppers-favoured tips to cover the CTET syllabus on time.
CTET Preparation 2020: CTET Syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2
The CTET paper 1 consist of four sections and CTET paper 2 consists of five sections all totalling up to 150 marks. You have 150 minutes to complete the exam and negative marking is not applicable.
* For CTET Paper 2, you can either appear for Science and Mathematics OR Social Sciences for 60 marks in place of Mathematics and Environmental Studies.
The Timetable for CTET Preparation
Given below is the timetable for CTET preparation, designed keeping in mind the needs of revision and CTET syllabus completion in the final month. Complement your study with CTET preparation online materials like revision modules, topic tests, glossaries, etc.
|Week 1||Child Development & Pedagogy [CDP] Development and relationship with learning,Principles of development of children, Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs,||Mathematics Averages, Ratio & Proportion, Functions & Linear Equations, Number System, Speed & Distance, Simplification, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Series, Simple & Compound Interest, Probability, Data Interpretation, Geometry, Permutation & Combination, etc. Science [For Paper 2] Food [Sources, Components, etc.], Materials, Moving Things, People and Ideas, The World of the Living, How Thing Work [Magnets, Electricity], Natural Resources, Natural Phenomena, Science Pedagogy [Understanding and Appreciating Science, Nature of Science, Observation & Discovery, Innovation, Evaluation, Problems, etc.|
|End of Week 1||1 CDP Test + 1 Mathematics Test + 1 Sciences Test [only for Paper 2] + 1 Mock Test [You can alternate as per your suitability]|
|Week 2||CDP Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds, Learning & Pedagogy, How Children Think and learn, Motivation and learning, Factors affecting learning [personal & environmental], etc.||Mathematics BODMAS, Geometry, Number System, Shapes and Spatial Understanding, Logical thinking, Language of mathematics, Understanding Children’s thinking styles and patterns, Community mathematics, Problems of teaching, etc. Social Sciences [For Paper 2] History -Ancient History [Earliest Societies, First Cities, Political Developments, Culture and Science, etc.], Medieval History [Kings and Kingdoms, Sultans of Delhi, Architecture, etc.], Modern History [Establishment of Company Power, Colonialism and Tribal Societies, 1857 Revolt, Women and Reform, Caste System, Nationalist movement, India after Independence, etc.], Geography– Globe, Environment, Air, Water, Human Environment, Resources, Agriculture, etc.|
|End of Week 2||1 CDP Test +1 Mathematics + 1 Social Sciences Test [only for Paper 2] + 1 Mock Test [You can alternate as per your suitability]|
|Week 3||Language [Hindi & English] English Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Language Development Pedagogy, principles of Language teaching, language skills, teaching-learning materials, challenges of teaching language, remedial teaching, evaluating language comprehension & proficiency etc.|
|End of Week 3||1 Language [Hindi] Test + 1 Language [English] Test + 1 Mock Test [You can alternate as per your suitability]|
|Week 4 [Day 1st-Day 3rd]||Environmental Studies [EVS] Scope & significance of EVS, Importance of environmental education, Teaching Approaches, Relationships, Family and Foods, work and play, Components of environment and other major terms, pedagogical issues, practical projects, discussion, etc. OR Social Sciences [paper 2] Social & Political Life- Government, Diversity, Democracy, Media, Gender, Constitution, Judiciary, Social Justice and Marginalized, etc. Pedagogy Nature and Concept of Social Sciences, Class Room Activities, Critical Thinking & Analysis, Problems and teaching Social Sciences, Project Work, Evaluation, Challenges|
|1 EVS Test OR 1 Social Science Test + 2 Mock Tests [You can alternate as per your suitability]|
|Week 4 [Day 4th-Day 6th]||Revise important topics of Child Development and Pedagogy, Mathematics, Science and Social Sciences. Attempt Reading Comprehension passages as well. Keep scrutinizing your mock tests and correct your errors. Refresh essential formulae and strategies for Mathematics from CTET preparation online resources Do not fiddle with new topics. Solve one-two timed and full-length mock tests every day until the Week 4 Day 5. After that, don’t attempt any more tests.|
CTET Preparation 2020: Tips
Here are some of the best CTET preparation 2020 tips that you will surely help you crack the exam.
- The timetable for CTET preparation given above should serve as a starting point for your study. Move the topics further up if you are comfortable with it and cement it while also focusing on those you are not by according them enough time. The table will help you manage your remaining four weeks in a strategized manner.
- The cut off marks on the CTET paper generally goes around 60%, that is, 90 out of 150 to qualify for the exam. Further, the overall difficulty level of the paper stands at easy to moderate level. CTET preparation online resources will help you practice with a variety of different difficulty levels as well.
- The CDP section is a fundamental portion of the whole CTET syllabus. Much of the pedagogy topics on other sections are extensions of this section. Use CDP tools to better understand and analyse the portions of other sections. An attempt of 21-24 questions is considered safe.
- In Language sections, you are required to have a solid hold of English grammar and composition concepts as well as see it from the viewpoint of a teacher. You must be well-versed with the various principles of teaching English language, problems faced while learning it and work with a necessary level of grammar.
- Creative methods like flow charts, puzzles, diagrams, quizzes and other CTET preparation online resources go a long way in boosting your memory and recalling skills. Further, in the last month, tests- short and full length is the key.
- 150 minutes for 150 questions roughly means 1 question per minute. While you will save up on factual and straightforward questions, passages and situation-based ones will consume some time. So, stick to the schedule and leave 15 minutes in the end for revision.
The most important factor in your CTET preparation 2020 is your dedication and patience. Keep faith in yourself and give your best. stay connect with our education blog in India