Things you need to know while pursuing a Master Degree in interior design in India
Design is one such career discipline that is flooded with a lot of creative opportunities. Due to urbanisation, people have started spending more on improving their quality of life, which has surged the demand for Interior Designers. Interior Designing is about shaping indoor spaces using aesthetics for a better experience with the place. It is an important part of our daily life, which causes a powerful impact on our indoor experiences. Today, there is high demand for creativity and an even greater demand for interior designers.
Expectations from an Interior Designer
Interior designing has become a competitive business, and to be successful, one must have a well-rounded education and skills to work within the discipline. It is the skill of the designer that makes spatial designing look easy. And education is the best way to get the skills you need to succeed.
An interior designer pursuing post-graduation is expected to:
have a working knowledge of textile, colour, space planning and more.
- Have a thorough understanding of 2D and 3D designing software, such as CAD, rivet, 3D max, etc.
- Anticipate the needs and connect to the emotions of the consumer to make the design more appealing.
- Have structural integrity and experience of working with contractors, architects, engineers, craftsmen, furniture dealers and more.
- Follow the building codes keeping in mind the health and safety issues.
- Use specialised skills like plumbing codes, electricity, and load-bearing walls, differentiating them from interior decorators who merely have any educational background in the field.
- Have deep knowledge about the history of design and the roots of its origin.
- Develop harmony by effectively using relational and communication skills to maintain good relations with the suppliers, contractors and clients.
Many people are dependent on an interior designer to curate a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing space for them. With interior designing, there is a new challenge with every client since the requirements of the client vary. The professionals have the skills to not only make a space beautiful but also to make it functional. However, it is also necessary to stay updated with the latest trends by reading design publications, media, and websites.
Typically, a Bachelor degree in Interior Design satisfies educational requirements for pursuing an Interior designing career in India. However, if you are an enthusiast and want to excel in this field, a Master degree is a fruitful option.
The time duration for post-graduation – MSc in Interior designing is two years. This course involves making students aware of the special aspects of Interior design. The course enables students to understand the intricate details of designing better and adopt an advanced approach in designing, experimenting, and materialising a particular space with better aesthetics. It is a profession that demands original art, creativity, and practical work.
A master’s degree helps you sharpen your skills, making you a leading expert in the field. A higher qualification opens up opportunities for senior positions. Many organisations prefer to hire candidates with a post-graduate degree as they recognise the benefits of it. If you want to pursue master’s degree in Interior Design India, you should opt only for the best designing institutes like the Pearl Academy. It is a lifelong investment preparing you for your highest achievements.