World smallest continent and the largest island, Australia stands amidst its 10,000 beaches. With its vast natural site, coral reef, untouched rainforests and unique museums, Australia is a paradise for travellers. With such vast diversity over its lands, you might need months to see all the iconic places over the continent. But you probably don’t have that much time to spend in the country with your family. With this many places to visit, you must have a plan for your holiday accordingly. To help you out in this, here are the most spectacular places to visit in Australia.
Holiday Destinations in Australia
- The Great Barrier Reef: – Regarded as the world most massive living organism, the Great Barrier Reef is one of the seven wonders of the natural world. Spread over 2300 Km, holding 900 islands, this is even visible from space. You can enjoy the mesmerizing beauty from the land or also go scuba diving if you are a little adventurous. It is one of the best places to visit in Australia with an unforgettable experience.
- Bondi Beach: – When travelling in the land of beaches, visiting a beach is a must. Bondi Beach is one of the most famous beaches in Australia with thousands of tourists visiting it every year. Also one of the oldest life-saving clubs originated from here on which a renowned T.V. series, the Bondi rescue was based. It is the best place to try surfing or walk around the long 6 km coastline.
- Blue Mountain National Park: – Another world heritage site in Australia, Blue Mountain National park is a beautiful place for a Day trip located just 81 km away from Sydney. It is named Blue Mountain because of the blue haze emerging from the mountain from a large number of eucalyptus trees. The main attraction of this place is the vast sandstones which are called the three sisters. With almost 150 km of the hiking trail, this place is best for hiking, trekking and mountain biking.When travelling to this destination , make sure your car is loaded with a triton roof rack which will help to keep all your trekking gear intact.
- Snowy Mountain Region: – If you thought Australia would be a place with deserts and beaches then check again. Australian Alps receive more snowfall than Swizz Alps, making it one of the best places to visit and enjoy winter sports at the time of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. The region of snowy mountains is the place where you will find Mt. Kosciuszko, which is the highest peak in Australia. You can enjoy skiing, snowshoeing, snowboarding and try local drinks in the mesmerizing cold.
- Kakadu National Park: – The largest national park of Australia and the second largest in the world, Kakadu national park is another world heritage site situated in Australia. It is one of the best places to enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of the wilderness, which makes it one of the tops visited tourist places in Australia. It holds a large variety of flora and fauna within itself including vast mangrove swamps and more than 300 species of birds.
- Heide Museum of Modern Art: – It is the best combination of contemporary art, Heritage Park and historical art museum under a single roof. Art lovers must visit it at least once on their trip to Australia. Located in Melbourne, the museum is easy to reach and is constructed over beautiful farmland, providing a beautiful view to admire.
- Carlton Park: – This Park holds the medieval-era structure like buildings, fountains and lakes. These buildings are the oldest tourist place existing in Australia and are listed as the world heritage site. It is the best place to admire medieval construction. Take a walk through the old fountains, most famous of which are circular French Fountain and the Victorian-era Hochgurtel Fountain. The flower bed and ornamental lakes increase the beauty of the place to the next level. It is one the must-visit place in Australia.
- Sydney Opera House: – One of the most famous and best architectural sites in the world, Sydney opera house, is one place you would not want to miss on your trip to Australia. Also listed in the UNESCO world heritage site, this building is famous for its shape and design. You could enjoy a live performance with an excellent fancy dinner. The location of the building is perfect for photographs, it is surrounded by water on three sides, and the Royal Botanical garden is on the remaining south side of the structure.
Australia is more than a land of Opera houses, beaches and desert. It has a long list of world heritage sites in the country. With such vast diversity, it is impossible to cover all the tourist places in the country at once. Engage in conversation with people who visited the country before, do health research and plan your journey accordingly. With little efforts on the planning of destinations and safety, this trip could be the dream trip of your life with lots of unforgettable memories. Australia is unpredictable, so be ready for every possible scenario.