Bharatpur Travel Guide : Attraction, Food and Things To do
Very famous for Keoladeo national park and its wealth in bird beauty, this historic region is worth a journey for those who seek something extra during their vacation. The hassle town is quite colorful and it is the right place to enjoy the culture of the land. The place is filled with amazing temples and museums, which add more beauty to the land.
Just 60 km away from Agra, Bharatpur is covered by tourists who come to enjoy the Golden Triangle circuit too.
Airport – Agra airport
Best time to visit – August to March (October to March for spotting migration birds)
Distance from Delhi – 198 km
Top attractions to cover in Bharatpur
- Keoladeo Ghana national park – famous for local and migration birds, exploring the park and others.
- Lohgarh Fort – also called as Iron Fort, this 18th century fort is the strongest fort of all
- Bharatpur government museum – collections of inscriptions, stone sculptures, terracotta, metallic items, coins, paintings, weapons and others.
- Bharatpur palace – famous for museum, royal décor and luxury architectural features.
- Baney Bihari temple – located inside Lohagarh fort and is famous for deities, serene environment and rituals.
- Chawaddevi temple – serene temple best visited during early mornings
- Laxmanmandir – colorful temple famous for statues, paintings and serene environment. Best place to enjoy the culture of the land.
- Seetharam temple – 300 years old temple inside the national park, famous for exploration
- Dholpur palace – 19th century sandstone palace famous for attractive décor and luxury beauty
Best way to reach Bharatpur
The nearest airport is located in Agra. From Agra, you can find many road and rail options to reach Bharatpur. On the other hand, international tourists prefer to reach India via Delhi international airport and choose any road or rail option, including the famous luxury trains like Palace on Wheels to reach Bharatpur. You can find cabs and buses frequently from many parts of the country and every city of Rajasthan to Bharatpur.
Cuisine of the land
Top dishes to try here are:
- Rajasthan thali
Have a Look into the Restaurant of palace on wheels to enjoy the international and Indian dishes.
What to buy in Bharatpur?
Bharatpur market is one of the old and surviving markets of Rajasthan. This market is quite closer to the railway station and thus, you can sneak into the market on your way to the station. Top articles to buy in the market are
- Brass work
- Marble articles
- Semi-precious stone jewelry
Things to do in Bharatpur
- Explore the Bharatpur national park on a rickshaw to spot colorful birds
- Enjoy the heritage of the land by visiting museums and temples of the region
- If you visit during monsoon, you can enjoy boating and tonga ride inside the park.
Festivals of Bharatpur
- Deeg festival of September
- BrijMahotsav of February – March
- Gangaur of March
- Jaswanth exhibition of September- October